Any salary estimation specified by this job board may or may not align with our organization’s pay philosophy. Apply to connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who can provide more details!
About American Ordnance
At American Ordnance, we know the stakes and We do what we say! ® We’re the team working behind the scenes to make sure our nation’s front lines have safe, high-quality ammunition. As a trusted premier manufacturer of ammunition to the U.S. Military, some of our capabilities range from production of direct and indirect fire, warheads, to special projects and beyond. With more than 70 years of experience and Day & Zimmermann behind us, it’s no surprise that our teams consistently exceed expectations! Come join in on our purpose – We put people to work, we protect American freedoms, and we help our customers power and improve the world!
We’re looking for a full-time, staff Engineering Manager to join our American Ordnance team located in Middletown, IA.
As the Engineering Manager, here’s the work you’ll do:
- Support manufacturing processes.
- Project Management, Proposal Writing, Establish Budgets and maintain them, Establish schedules and maintain them. Enforce a mentality in the engineering department of "On-Time, Under Budget."
- Manage and supervise defined personnel; schedule work assignments, evaluate performance, disciplinary action, promotion, discharge, etc.
- Cost Estimating, Payback, Cost Impacts, Cost Analysis, etc.
- Planning, defining, organizing, monitoring, measuring and controlling past, present and future engineering activities. Must generate reporting structure for all projects/status/risks/etc.
This role is for you if you have these skills:
- Lean Manufacturing Methods and Techniques (Hands-on)
- Facilities Planning
- Cost Estimating / Budgeting
- Technical / Proposal Writing
- Time Management / Project Management (Microsoft project)
And if you have these qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree (Ind Tech, Ind Eng, Mech, Electric, Manufacturing, etc.), Masters Degree (Prod. Mgt, Business Mgt., MBA, Tech. Mgt, etc.)
- 15+ years in manufacturing (munitions experience a plus)
- Plus: DOE, Project Management, ISO, Risk Management
- Great attitude and team player
- Successful completion of background screening process
We care about our employees and it shows. Our staff receive a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/Rx, dental and vision coverage; life, AD&D and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 100% paid maternity leave for up to 12 weeks, parental leave, family leave, other paid time off; voluntary benefits and discount programs to meet our employees’ individual needs including pet insurance for our furry family members!
To ensure a safe work environment while meeting the physical demands of the job, you must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Balancing (e.g. maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching, etc.)
- Stooping (e.g. bending the spine at the waist)
- Reaching (e.g. reaching the arms or legs in any direction)
- Lifting motion or lifting objects more than 15 pounds
- Repetitive motion of any part of the body
- Kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Pushing or pulling (e.g. using a part of your body to press against something in a downward or outward direction or in a dragging or hauling motion)
- Manual Dexterity (e.g. picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses fingers)
- Grasping (e.g. use of hand to apply pressure)
- Feeling (e.g. perceiving an object’s size, shape, texture, etc.)
- Climbing (e.g. ascending/descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, pole, etc. using feet and legs and hands/arms to climb)
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
- Expertise in:
- Ability to wear a mask, respirator, bullet proof vest, or other equipment.
- Ability to regularly perform all job functions at Company’s office or worksite.
- Ability to withstand environmental conditions (e.g. extreme heat or cold, grass, wind, sand, fumes, odors, gases, extreme noise, etc.)
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? APPLY NOW! Talent Acquisition Partner: Andrea McLeod
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
American Ordnance, A Day & Zimmermann Company is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over a century of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. American Ordnance is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.
Location/Region: Middletown, Iowa