36662 Position Type
(US)Full Time Career Function
Engineering and Maintenance Recruiter Posting Type
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless. About Kerry
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. About the role
This key position provides leadership and direction to the site maintenance and engineering department. The site Engineering Manager is responsible for the maintenance function and delivery on site, coordinating with Sustainability, Project Engineering, Process Technology and Asset care to drive excellence at the facility. Key responsibilities
· Responsible for ensuring that Kerry QSHE policies and standards are implemented and adhered to on site by the maintenance/engineering department and any external services/contractors utilized.
· Responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and adherence to local, national, regional engineering statuary and/or compliance requirements including the adherence to Kerry procedures, regional and/or global standards.
· Accountable for ensuring that an effective & comprehensive preventative maintenance program is in place & executed on time & on budget, which covers asset reliability, quality, food safety, health & safety, environmental, and legal compliance.
· Support the engineering team and apply technical skills and ingenuity to the permanent correction of issues, modifications and NPI requirements into the process or equipment as necessary in a timely manner to ensure the business can deliver product to its customers on time at the highest quality.
· Responsible for developing the site maintenance budget for approval and managing site budget costs to meet the approved budget targets.
· Identifies and assesses the Criticality of plant, equipment and systems on a regular basis and adjusts the site engineering strategy to ensure an efficient and effective Plant and department operation.
· Manages and implements the spare parts holding policy for the site ensuring the optimum stock holding.
· Responsible for monitoring and controlling predefined KPI targets.
· Responsible for ensuring that site specific engineering standards and SOPs are updated and developed as appropriate. Qualifications and skills
· BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, or similar engineering discipline from an accredited institution is required.
· 5 to 10+ years’ experience in a large scale process industry (food desirable).
· Excellent communication and interpersonal Skills.
· Strong leadership and employee engagement skills.
· Ability to apply engineering principles in practical application.
· Strong business knowledge and ability to interface with manufacturing organization.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here . Additional information can also be here .
Location/Region: Harrisonburg, VA